Counseling and Psychiatric Services Exclusively for Teens and Young Adults Ages 13-25
Hi, I’m Jan Hamilton, the Founder of Doorways LLC. Providing teen counseling and psychiatric services in Phoenix Arizona has been a dream of mine for many years and Doorways is the result of that dream.
Doorways exclusively works with teens and young adults ages 13-25 and their families. Our specially trained counselors and providers have extensive experience working with teens and young adults. They are able to relate to them in such a way that teenagers and young adults feel accepted and cared for, which enables them to open up and get the help they so desperately need.
We provide the highest quality of therapeutic professional services. Our treatment incorporates holistic integration of emotional, relational, mental, and spiritual health for the whole person. We also employ the methodologies of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT).
Doorways is a practicum site for Fuller Seminary MST Program, ASU Masters of Counseling Program, Grand Canyon University Masters of Counseling Program, and Northern Arizona University, Masters of Counseling Program, Midwestern University, Doctorate of Psychology Program.
We open the door of hope and healing in young peoples’ lives. We invite you to contact us for a free consultation to see if we can help you and your teen or young adult.
Jan Hamilton, PMHNP-BC
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
What Makes Us Unique
- Exclusively focused on adolescents and young adults. Doorways offers comprehensive mental health services and teens counseling to troubled teenagers and young adults ages 13-25.
- Team-based approach of Psychiatric providers, Master’s level therapists and dietitians working together to enhance clients’ mental health and family functioning.
- A networking hub for adolescent and young adult community services and providers.
- Faith-based treatment perspective that respects the clients’ personal faith tradition.
Shared Values and Core Beliefs
- Staff will live out their own personal faith in and service to Jesus. We are committed to private and corporate prayer for clients and families.
- Adolescents and young adults are uniquely important and of invaluable worth.
- The healing process takes time, commitment, and communication between staff, clients and families.
- Relationships between client-staff, staff-client, and families, and staff-staff are ones of integrity, truth-telling, honesty, kindness, and professionalism. We do not tolerate gossip or cynicism about clients’ pain and illness. We foster emotional safety in our environment for staff and clients.
- A collaborative, team approach is a high expectation for providing the best overall client/family care.
- Developing a strong referral base within the Phoenix mental health community is vital to clients’ needs being met for adjunctive care.
- Competence in adolescent treatment, education and information resources is of the highest caliber.
- Timeliness in appointment start and end times, returning calls to clients within one business day, and respond to client questions in a respectful manner is expected.
- The one individual is of utmost importance. We respond to one person’s needs, one at a time, in the present moment.
- Celebration makes life at Doorways real! We, as a staff, are committed to laughter and fun with one another and with clients as appropriate. We want people to feel welcomed and cared for in our office.
- We are committed to participation in the broader Phoenix metropolitan mental health community through collaboration with other professionals, providing education and resources to those in the community.
4747 N. 7th St., Suite 450
Phoenix, AZ 85014