Looking for something fun to do the next time you go out as a group?
It can be easy to fall into the same routine when you have a group of people together. Movies and the Mall always seem to be the way to go. Here is a list of 23 fun date ideas to help break you out of your group date rut:
- Play Laser Tag. Arizona is home to the “World’s Largest Technotainment Laser Tag Arena,” Stratum in Mesa.
- Go Miniature Golfing. This can be fun year round as there are both indoor and outdoor options!
- Go Bowling. There are a few companies to choose from and they each offer their own special deals and events. The AMF Christown Lanes offers Dollar Mania, $2 Tuesdays, and College night to name a few. Some alleys offer cosmic bowling as well.
- Go Rock Wall Climbing. The Phoenix Rock Gym is a place to have fun while increasing your strength and improving your climbing skills. The routes are changed frequently so you’ll always find something new to test your skills.
- Attend a sporting event. Arizona has a lot of sports to choose from. You can go to a Cardinals football game or see the Suns play basketball. As well as watch the Coyotes play hockey and the Diamondbacks play baseball. Don’t forget that thanks to Arizona’s beautiful weather, you can also attend the spring training games at a much cheaper rate than an in season game.
- Go to an improv or comedy show. Jesters Improv is good for many laughs, and they offer classes.
- Go tubing down the Salt River. Remember to wear your sunblock and drink lots of water.
- Go hiking. Arizona offers an array of hiking trails. Some easy and some strenuous. South Mountain and Camelback Mountain are popular in the West Valley, and The Usery Mountain and Superstition Mountain ranges are popular in the East Valley. To make things a little more interesting, you could write out a list of items to look for on your hike, like a scavenger hunt. Look for things like a saguaro with 4 arms, or a Gila monster, etc. Always use caution and stay on the trails for your safety, and bring plenty of water.
- Visit a local farm. Many local farms offer seasonal activities, such as hay rides and corn mazes. They also have milk tastings, fruit picking, petting zoos, and so much more. Different farms offer different activities year round, so there are many dates to be had.
- Go Ice Skating. AZ Ice in Peoria has a public skate that is affordable and fun. They also offer classes and have delicious food.
- Go Roller Skating. Skateland is an indoor rink that you can enjoy year round. They often have special skating events like “glow in the dark skate” and discount skate nights/days.
- See a Concert. Living in the Valley offers many opportunities to see a show regardless of your taste in music. Country Thunder is a huge concert held every year in Florence with tons of big country names in attendance.
- Game Night. Stay in and play your favorite card and board games. Games like “Apples to Apples” offer a lot of laughs.
- Visit one of our zoos. The Phoenix Zoo offers cafés, shops, lush gardens and exciting experiences like Stingray Bay (touch live stingrays), Giraffe Encounter (feed the giraffes), Monkey Village (a walk-in enclosure where you can literally be inches from live monkeys),the Safari Train and many more.
- Attend a seasonal festival or fair. The Renaissance Festival in the spring is a great experience, and don’t forget about the Arizona State Fair in the fall with it’s fun rides, concerts, food and carnival games you are bound to have a great time. Many cities also hold small carnivals throughout the year so keep your eyes open.
- Ride go-karts. Crackerjax in Scottsdale has an amazing go-kart track. They also have bumper boats, batting cages, volleyball courts, and much more.
- Play Arcade Games at your local arcade. (Gameworks, and Dave and Busters are common favorites)
- Attend your local “Movies in the Park.”
- Visit the Arizona Science Center. They have a lot of hands on activities to take part in and interactive exhibits. There is also an IMAX theater and Planetarium.
- Make your own YouTube mini-series. Write your own funny scripts and star in your own 10 minute videos. Just remember not to get too crazy, once something is out there, it stays out there. Also get your parents’ consent if you are under 18 years of age.
- Spend a day at an Amusement Park. Castles N’ Coasters offers entertainment from the thrilling sky high roller coasters, to the world class miniature golf courses and the excitement of ramming into your friends in their bumper boats.
- Go swimming. There is Sunsplash in Mesa, Big Surf in Tempe, and Wet’n’Wild in Phoenix that offer fun water slides and wave pools. Or you could go to a local public pool, many of which offer high dives and a slide of their own.
- Go on a Photo Scavenger Hunt. Break into teams, then with a digital camera or a phone camera, take photos of things or even actions that you have written out on a list. Such as a team member shaking hands with a stranger, trying on clothing in the opposite sex’s department, posing like a mannequin in a store, singing loudly in a public place, etc.
Now that you have a list of ideas, go out and have some FUN!
- 50 Fun Things You Can Do with Your Teen to Build a Stronger Family (doorwaysarizona.com)
- Build Family Bonds: Life Lessons from Family Game Night (doorwaysarizona.com)
- 50 Fun Ways for Your Teen to Spend Summer Vacation (doorwaysarizona.com)