Doorways offers four different Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOPs) for teens and young adults in Phoenix. These IOPs provide counseling in a small group setting. The IOP programs are:
- Eating Disorders IOP for teens ages 13-18
- DBT Skills IOP for teens ages 13-17
- Anxiety Disorders/OCD IOP for teens ages 13-17
- Summer Eating Disorder IOP for Young Adults Ages 18-25
Call us at 602-997-2880 or email [email protected]
Doorways has insurance contracts with Aetna, BCBS, Cigna and United Behavioral Healthcare for our IOP services. Please contact your insurance provider for coverage limits.
Anxiety Disorders/OCD IOP
The OCD/Anxiety Disorders Program is for males and females, ages 13 to 17. It is open enrollment, which means you may join at any time.
One of the most prevalent disorders in teens is social anxiety. There are other anxiety disorders that can be treated effectively by this IOP. Some of the include:
- Some aspects of generalized anxiety edisorder,
- Some aspects of school avoidance/refusal
- Specific phobias (fear of vomiting, fear of spiders/animals, fear of elevators, etc.)
- Panic disorder
- OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder)
- Extreme social anxiety and difficulty interacting with others
- Extreme fears
The Anxiety Disorders/OCD IOP meets Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 4:00 to 7:00 pm.
Teen Eating Disorders IOP
The Teen Eating Disorders Program is for males and females, ages 13 to 18. It is open enrollment, which means you may join at any time.
Adolescents who struggle with eating disorders, such as Anorexia and Bulimia, may also have difficulties in other areas of their lives as they relate to food and body image. The sessions focus on:
- Dialectical Behavioral Training (DBT) Skills Groups training as they relate to food issues
- Cognitive Remediation Therapy
- Body Image
- Process Groups
- It also includes three (3) monitored meals and snacks weekly.
The Teen Eating Disorders IOP meets three days a week on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday for a total of 10 hours per week. Open enrollment, join any time.
DBT Skills IOP (Intensive Outpatient Program) for Teens ages 13-17
Summer 8 Week Young Adult (18-25) Eating Disorder IOP
We’ll offer various groups (DBT skills, Relapse Prevention, Body Image, Process Groups, Nutrition, COPE groups, etc). This is a confidential, safe, and non-intimidating, group for young adults with eating disorders. Find out more
Our IOP groups are contracted with Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, and United Behavioral Healthcare.
For more information about our IOP programs, contact our IOP coordinator at 602-997-2880 or [email protected]