Trusted information for parents and teens who are dealing with eating disorders.
General Eating Disorder Resources
- National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) – The National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) is the leading non-profit organization in the United States advocating on behalf of and supporting individuals and families affected by eating disorders. Reaching millions every year, we campaign for prevention, improved access to quality treatment, and increased research funding to better understand and treat eating disorders. We work with partners and volunteers to develop programs and tools to help everyone who seeks assistance.
- National Association of Anorexia and Related Disorders – “The National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders, Inc. is a non-profit (501 c 3) corporation that seeks to prevent and alleviate the problems of eating disorders, especially including anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa and binge eating disorder. ANAD advocates for the development of healthy attitudes, bodies, and behaviors. ANAD promotes eating disorder awareness, prevention and recovery through supporting, educating, and connecting individuals, families and professionals.”
- National Institutes of Mental Health, Eating Disorders – Publication of the National Institutes of Mental Health providing an overview of eating disorders and links to other government resources.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), Eating Disorders – “NAMI is the National Alliance on Mental Illness, the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness. NAMI advocates for access to services, treatment, supports and research and is steadfast in its commitment to raise awareness and build a community for hope for all of those in need. NAMI is the foundation for hundreds of NAMI State Organizations, NAMI Affiliates and volunteer leaders who work in local communities across the country to raise awareness and provide essential and free education, advocacy and support group programs.”
- Binge Eating Disorder Association – “Founded in 2008, the Binge Eating Disorder Association (BEDA) is a national organization focused on providing leadership, recognition, prevention, and treatment of BED and associated weight stigma. Through outreach, education and advocacy, BEDA will facilitate increased awareness and proper diagnosis of BED, and promote excellence in care for those who live with, and those who treat, binge eating disorder and its associated conditions. BEDA is committed to promoting cultural acceptance of, and respect for, the natural diversity of sizes, as well as promoting a goal of improved health, which may or may not include weight change.”
- Finding Balance – Finding Balance is the world’s largest media-based resource for people seeking balance with food and body image.
- International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals Foundation (IAEDP) – recognized for its excellence in providing first-quality education and high-level training standards to an international multidisciplinary group of various healthcare treatment providers and helping professions, who treat the full spectrum of eating disorder problems.
- Anorexia Nervosa, NEDA – Overview, symptoms, warning signs, health consequences, and statistics.
- Anorexia Nervosa, Mayo Clinic – Overview, signs, symptoms, treatment, and prognosis information
- Anorexia Nervosa, ANAD – Overview, signs, and symptoms.
- Anorexia Nervosa, Helpguide.org – Provides in-depth information on the illness, causes, signs, symptoms, and treatments.
- Bulimia Nervosa, NEDA – Overview, symptoms, warning signs, health consequences, and statistics.
- Bulimia Nervosa Fact Sheet, Office on Women’s Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services – Overview, profile, causes, prognosis, affect on pregnancy, and ways to help.
- Bulimia Nervosa, Mayo Clinic – Overview, signs, symptoms, treatment, and prognosis information
- Bulimia Nervosa, Medline Plus from the National Institutes of Health – Overview, signs, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, prognosis, and complications.
Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Binge Eating Disorder, NEDA – Overview, symptoms, warning signs, health consequences, and statistics.
- Binge Eating Disorder, Mayo Clinic – Overview, signs, symptoms, treatment, and prognosis information
- Understanding BED, Binge Eating Disorder Association – Characteristics, causes, symptoms, complications, treatment, and prognosis
Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified (EDNOS)
- EDNOS, NEDA – Overview, symptoms of anorexia and bulimia, examples of EDNOS.
- EDNOS, NAMI – Overviews, signs, causes, treatment, and prevention information.
(Visited 202 times, 1 visits today)